Saturday, April 26, 2014

2nd Half Read-a-thon April 2014

Hour 20


Somewhere in here I finished Forgotten Bookmarks which was wonderful but a bit hard to read with my tired eyes because of small print.  I think I prefer the blog if only because I can increase the font size. 

 I also took a couple hour nap, started Killer by Jonathan Kellerman and paused to read a bit of relaxing fan fiction which has been my reading of choice since I've been depressed lately  (Fan fiction works when my brain isn't up to following books because it is based on something I'm already familar with so doesn't require quite as much brain power for imagination)

So far I've read 3 books and 760 pages.


Hour 12



 Ended up reading Nurk: The Strange, Surprising Adventures of a (Somewhat) Brave Shrew


Mid-Event Survey

1. What are you reading right now?

Forgotten Bookmarks by Michael Popek



2. How many books have you read so far?

Two


3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

Haven't decided yet.



4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?

Made sure everyone knew what was going on.


5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

Not really.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

Found a children's book to read by looking at someone's blog.  Didn't expect to find a different book than the ones I had already picked out but thanks to e-books I was able to read it today.  


7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

Nope



8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?

Nothing that I can think of right now.

9. Are you getting tired yet?

Was since I got up way too early but I took a nap.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?

Nothing I can think of.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! It is so cool to 'meet' another Elisa! Vernon manages to write books that are fun for kids but still manage to be really amusing for adults too. I am glad that you liked Nurk. Her graphic novel - Digger (which is for adults) is quite good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for mentioning the graphic novel. I'm always trying to find a graphic novel to read during the read-a-thon but the traditional ones don't always work for me. I will definitely check Digger out for October. If it's half as good as Nurk it will be a winner!

      Delete