Saturday, April 26, 2014

Read-a-thon April 2014

Hour 8

Somewhere toward the end of hour 8 and I've just finished The Sound of Broken Glass.  It was an enjoyable mystery and I didn't guess who-dun-it until close to the end.  First book to be finished in a couple of months so I'm truly happy for that.  I'm also very thankful for this read-a-thon for inspiring me to read and the fact that if I tell my family I want to be left alone for a while they completely ingnore it but if I tell them that it's read-a-thon weekend they will guard my time even more than I will and let me read.  Thank you Dewey's Read-a-thon and all who make it a success!!! 

For now I've read 1 book and 430 pages.  

Hour 4


 
So far I've started 2 books  Forgotten Bookmarks by Michael Popek and The Sound of Broken Glass by Deborah Crombie.

Both  are quite good.  I currently plan to inter-space chapters of Forgotten Bookmarks in between other reading since it isn't very reading intensive and serves as a good break for the mind.



So let's see, that's 109 Pages of The Sound of Broken Glass and 29 pages of Forgotten Bookmarks for a total of  138 pages.  Not the fastest reading in the world  but it is progress.



Hour 1

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

Williamsport, PA USA

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?


Forgotten Bookmarks by Michael Popek.  Lots of pictures and not as much reading but I adore the blog and so am looking forward to the book


3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?


Splurged a bit on macadamia nuts for a salty snack and pecan pie for a sweet one so am looking forward to both of those.


4) Tell us a little something about yourself!


Been a bit depressed lately so this is the first time I plan to read a whole book in about 2 months.  Hopefully it will get me in the mood to read more.

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?


I plan on relaxing and going with the flow with no real goals for myself this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment