Saturday, October 18, 2014

Hour eight of Dewey's 24 hour read-a-thon


Took me a while to settle on a book this morning.  I started by listening to Three Days to Dead by Kelly Meding.  This is a really good book that I've read before but this morning the subject matter seemed dark to me so I gave up on that and looked for something else finally settling on A Call to Duty by David Weber and Timothy Zahn.  I'm a huge, long time fan of the Honor Harrington novel's and this takes place in the same universe though a much earlier era.  

This choice worked out well as I was able to get the Kindle book for $9.99 which is high for what I normally pay for an e-book (to be fair I usually borrow them from the Library which is more in line with my current budget) but was then able to get the audiobook for $1.99 so I can switch back and forth and be able to continue "reading" while doing something else when necessary.  Don't remember when I was able to get an audiobook this cheap for a recent book from a major publisher.  Half way through this is quite good though I think a chocolate break and a graphic novel might be in order now.  Maybe a nap too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment