Saturday, April 13, 2024

Finished River of Darkness

 


I managed to finish River of Darkness by Rennie Airth something i was beginning to think would never happen because every time I sat down to read I fell asleep.  It wasn't the book's fault as it is a descent police procedural though I was disappointed that you were introduced to the killer early in the book.  I'm never a huge fan of books with parts written from the killer's point of view.  I have no desire to spend any time in a killer's head.  I also had the nagging feeling that the book was coming across with a lot more modern ideas than would have been likely between WWI and WWII.  Still the story was engaging, the characters were likeable and the little bit of romance was a good way to lighten a rather dark story.  On the whole I'm not sorry I purchased this used book for $3.87 in 2012 even if I still have no memory of doing so.  (Amazon keeps good records which is how I know it didn't just magically appear in my bag of books)

No comments:

Post a Comment