Sunday, October 18, 2015

Hour 19 Book 3-Star Wars: Clone Wars: The Defense of Kamino...



After a bit of a break reading Marvel's Daredevil fan fiction since I find fan fiction very relaxing, I've returned to book reading with the graphic novel Star Wars: Clone Wars: The Defense of Kamino and Other Tales by John Ostrander (author), Haden Blackman (author), Jan Duursema (artist) and Tomas Giorello (artist).  This book, though no longer considered to be canon, describes some of the early difficulties of the clone wars.  The graphics are beautiful and the stories compelling.  

I have difficulty holding actual books because of Sjogren's syndrome, an autoimmune disorder that can cause among other things joint pain, fatigue and neuropathy, so I find myself reading almost exclusively on the computer and or a Kindle.  Graphic novels have turned out to be surprisingly readable in digital format especially on an almost 24 inch screen computer.  I am beyond delighted to be living in the 21st century when nearly every book is in the form of an e-book.  Of course, I would much rather be reading physical books. ebooks just don't have the same feel to them, but the fact that I've not had to give up reading as things have gotten worse is a true blessing of our times.

No comments:

Post a Comment