Sunday, October 18, 2015

Hour 20 Book 4-The Bippolo Seed...


I had really hoped to be reading Uprooted by Naomi Novik but what I'veactually read (or rather listened to) is The Bippolo Seed and Other Lost Stories by Dr. Seuss.  I haven't taken a nap and my brain hasn't been able to concentrate on a longer story since hour 12 so it's children's books and graphic novels for me.

I'm trying to conserve money so I decided to check out the Free Library of Philadelphia's Digital Media Library, which has an amazing e-book and audio book collection and is free to anyone living in the state of Pennsylvania, and ran across stories I've never heard before from one of my favorite authors, Dr. Seuss.  This book was a wonderful collection of "lost stories" that thoroughly entertained me for about 45 minutes.  I highly recommend it to any Dr. Seuss fan young or old.

As a kind of funny note, I don't remember ever hearing of Dr. Seuss when I was a child and my love affair with his books began as an adult.  I bought many of his books to read for myself in my very late teens and early twenties justifying it by taking them babysitting with me.  I don't babysit any more, never had any children and my niece is fully grown so I have no choice but just admit to loving Dr. Seuss in my own right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment