Saturday, October 12, 2013

Almost 3 hours into read-a-thon




I'm 3 hours into this fall's read-a-thon and 28% (I miss page numbers when reading e-books) of the way through the book The Hooked X: Key to the Secret History of North America by Scott F. Wolter.

I'm enjoying the book though I found references to the books by Henry Lincoln (e.g. Holy Blood, Holy Grail) as factual to be somewhat jarring.  All I can think is that the author is going with the notion that if his fantastic theory is unaccepted by scholars and, in his mind, correct then all theories which are unaccepted by scholars must be correct even if they are based on forgeries to start with and contradict the forgeries they are based on.  That he seems to be basing some of his own theories on these books puts much of what he is positing into question.

I found the following quote from the book to be somewhat ironic: "We just don't know and must be very careful drawing conclusions based on assumptions that might not be correct"

No comments:

Post a Comment