Saturday, October 12, 2013

Hour 6

I'm giving up on Hooked X as much as I hate abandoning a book.   It started out as a fun read but is rapidly descending from weird interpretation to complete kookiness.  At the point I'm at he's abandoned normal reference books and is using "books on the occult, symbols, secret societies, codes, medieval and Egyptian history, the Holy Grail and Freemasonry" to try and understand how the minds of the people who he thinks inscribed the Kensington Rune Stone worked.  I read a bit further and as near as I can tell from here on out any kookie idea that supports his theory however unproven or undocumented will be accepted.

So I'm moving on to something labeled fiction instead of something that is fiction masquerading as fact.  I'd started Tempest in the Tea Leaves by Kari Lee Townsend before the read-a-thon so I'll be finishing that first.

No comments:

Post a Comment