Saturday, October 12, 2013

Hour 9


It's hour 9 and I just finished Tempest in the Tea Leaves by Kari Lee Townsend.  This was a fun book and perfect antidote to my previous book.  To be fair it was just as kookie as the previous book (the main character was reading tea leaves) but you wouldn't expect anything else with "A Fortune Teller Mystery" on the cover.  

The characters in this book had just the right amount of oddities and small town charm and the main character was truly likeable.  The character interactions were delightful and frequently brought a smile to my face.

Having said that the ending seemed a bit sketchy and kind of rushed and the way the partnership in the book occurs is wholly an escape from anything that might happen in reality but if you can suspend your disbelief and like a cozy mystery this book is worth a look.  I'll be reading the next book in the series soon.

My Android device ran out of power and is currently charging so I think I'll try the paper copy of Murder Past Due by Miranda James next.

2 comments:

  1. You're doing great! Happy reading :)

    Tanja
    #TeamOtter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good plan to mix up paper and e-book - I know I charged my Nook last night, but was worried about the same thing. Looks like you're having a great readathon!

    Shannon - Team Otter

    ReplyDelete