Sunday, October 13, 2013

Last book and end of event questions

During the final hour I read Superman: Earth One by J. Michael Straczynski and Shane Davis.  I've been saving this for the read-a-thon since graphic novels are an easy read when you're tired.  It was well plotted and easy to follow even for someone who doesn't normally read graphic novels.  The plot line though was very like the Man of Steel movie.  Were they supposed to be similar or was this just another example of great minds think alike?

End of even questionnaire:

 1.   Which hour was most daunting for you?
Around hour 19 when I took a couple hour nap.

 2.   Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Murder Past Due is a good novel for those who like cozy mysteries.

3.    Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
No.  Liked it as it was.

4.    What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
Everything.  I had a great time.

5.    How many books did you read?
4 complete ones and parts of 2 others. 

6.    What were the names of the books you read?
Murder Past Due and Classified as Murder by Miranda James.  Cat Confessions by Zobel Nolan.  Superman: Earth One by J. Michael Straczynski and Shane Davis.  Read part of The Hooked X by Scott F. Wolter which I gave up on a third of the way through and finished Tempest in the Tea Leaves by Kari Lee Townsend which I'd started before the read-a-thon.

7.    Which book did you enjoy most?
Classified as Murder by Miranda James but only by a slim margin as all those I finished in the last 24 hours were very good.

8.    Which did you enjoy least?
 The Hooked X which I gave up on for being just too kookie.

9.    How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I hope to be reading again in April 2014.

2 comments:

  1. Murder Past Due sounds good. I'll have to check it out. Great job on the readathon. I'm hoping to make the next one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Miranda James books. I've read them and the Simon Kirby Jones mysteries by the same author under his own name - Dean James

    ReplyDelete