Saturday, October 12, 2013

October 2013 Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon intro questions

This is my 2nd read-a-thon and I'm so excited.  I haven't been reading many books since my hours at worked changed and I'm hoping this will help jump start reading again.

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

Williamsport, Pennsylvania, USA

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

The Hooked X: Key to the Secret History of North America by Scott F. Wolter.   I don't expect it will change my mind about the archeology but it looks like fun.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

Lima Beans.  Really strange I know but I made them for myself last time as a vegetable to have that day and they turned out to be an all day treat.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!

I used to work 3rd shift and read a lot of books.  Now I work 1st shift and don't.  Forced change of schedules are depressing!!

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today?

I've bought less sweet snacks and I'll be reading from an e-reader for most of the day as most of the books I'm reading are e-books.  This is kind of odd because I usually read paper books at home and e-books on the go.

3 comments:

  1. That book sounds really interesting - looking forward to seeing what you think! Hope you enjoy your read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lima beans, who would have guessed it? ;) I get it though! I've stocked up on much healthier snacks this time too.

    I hope you have a great read-a-thon!

    Jennifer~ Team Otter Cheerleader!
    The Relentless Reader

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a blast! Sounds like you have a good plan!

    Lisa
    #TeamOtter

    ReplyDelete