Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Snuff by Terry Pratchett

I was saddened to read that Terry Pratchett died in March.  For a long time his work, especially the City Watch portion of the Discworld novels, has given much pleasure and even the occasional bit to ponder.  Having learned of his death during Dewey's 24 hour readathon, I decided to go ahead and finish the readathon with a Discworld novel and chose Snuff.  (I only finished part of it before the end of the readathon but have since read the rest.)

This is my second or third reading of the story but it remains one of my favorites.  Sam Vimes is so very Sam and all the other important characters are there.  I love Sam as a father and husband.  I appreciate his thoughts on what is going on in the story.  Sam is a sarcastic contradiction that always brings a smile to my face and I am truly saddened that all of his story has been written but will continue to enjoy what has been written for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment